Mar 5, 2009

Dessert to be Reckoned With

We celebrated the purchase of our house by eating at Atlas Bistro. The best part about this place (aside from the dessert) is that you can bring your own wine. to start I had an appetizer of mushrooms in a goat cheese sauce, my entree was snapper in a black bean tostada. Jim started with a lobster appetizer and had pheasant for his entree. We shared two desserts: Strawberry Shortcake made with pound cake, vanilla cheesecake and strawberry compote, and Bananas Foster served over a homemade granola Belgian waffle with roasted pumpkin seeds and vanilla ice cream. I'm not sure where the idea of serving bananas, caramel and ice cream over a waffle came from, but it was insanely good. The pictures don't do it justice, I had to use my camera phone, but here's a blurred glimpse of the wonderfulness.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger