Jun 16, 2009

Another Lesson in Puppy Raising

I sometimes wonder why I bother spending a good portion of my paycheck on new toys for the puppies. No matter what brightly-colored/squeaking/furry/flying toy I am convinced will entertain them, they seem most content chasing and eating birds or chewing tree branches. (And then throwing up on the carpet).

Speaking of birds…over the past few weeks Bruno has been catching birds and bringing them into the house through the doggy door. We can tell when he’s “hunting” by the ear-piercing squawks and clouds of feathers.

We’ve been able to save a few of his victims by distracting him with other treats, but we had our first casualty last weekend.

I guess this just goes to show that certain instinctive behaviors will never be won over by Bobos and Kongs.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger