Jul 21, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


I love baking and this bread is one of my absolute favorites. I got the recipe from Elissa's mom years ago when we lived together. Her mom used to send up loaves for us after Thanksgiving but I'd lose self control and eat it all by myself. Eventually I felt guilty so I asked for the recipe in order to restore what I'd consumed.

I know it's the middle of July, and this is more of a winter recipe, but why conform. I have two loaves in the oven right now for Bailey's birthday tomorrow.

Random note: canned pumpkin is great for a puppy with a tummy ache. They love it and it soothes their aches away!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease two standard loaf pans OR 3 disposable loaf pans (I use Pam for Baking)
3. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl:
- 3 and 1/3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
4. Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl:
- 1 cup corn oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (one can)
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients 1 cup at a time, after all mixed stir in a cup of chocolate chips
6. Divide batter equally into pans and bake about 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out dry. Takes just over an hour in my oven.
7. Let cool for at least 1 min,. before removing from pans.

1 comments:

Bailey said...

Not only is it tasty, it helps sick dogs too? What a wonder!

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this! The results are phenomenal. I am so happy we are friends.

Thank you!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger