Jul 19, 2009

low maintenance volunteer work

You may have noticed my hair is getting quite long. I admit, it's slightly mop-like right now, but it's all for a good cause. I've always had aspirations to grow out my hair and donate it to Locks of Love. However, they require at least 10 inches, and that's a lot of mop for me. Fortunately, Anna recently told me that Pantene has their own hair donation program and they only ask for 8 inches. Bingo.

Here's a shot Jim took tonight: right now it's 8 inches from the hair tie down, but I think I'll wait a few more months so that I'm not left with a mere poof of hair after the chop.

Extra perk? I'm not spending $150 every 8 weeks for a cut and color. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Gooch Family said...

Dave's school had locks of love come and I donated 8 inches, sooo maybe it's changed since last year? Or maybe they just pretended to take my hair and laughed after I left that I chopped my hair for no reason. But for real, I don't know if 10 inches is set in stone because my sister did it also and I don't think she had 10 inches, I think hers was around 8 also.

Jessica said...

Good to know, I bet the 10 inches is just encourage people to get as close as possible!

Bailey said...

That's awesome that you are doing this!!! It is so fun to know that your gorgeous hair is going to someone who needs a fabulous wig.

I am going to do the same thing after the wedding! Maybe we can go together!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger