Nov 28, 2009

apple of my eye

My favorite dessert is apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Sadly, I don't have the time or caloric allowance to enjoy this as often as I'd like. I've figured out an easy way to create almost the same result with much less effort and calories.

step one: butter a small baking dish
step two: slice a few apples into very thin slices (you can add in pears, berries, etc)
step three: toss sliced fruit in some brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon and some softened butter. I don't measure, just use fairly even amounts and make sure it coats the fruit.
step four: bake at 375 for 25 minutes; serve a la mode.



You can make this for one person or for a group, just increase recipe accordingly. Enjoy!

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger