Nov 6, 2009

More Neighborhood Eats

I'm continuing my quest to explore new Phoenix Restaurants. Here are some recent reviews...

Tutti Santi: We went to this Italian place for Katie's birthday and I was impressed. I had eggplant parm and Jim ordered the special, all kinds of seafood in a tasty red sauce. The food was fabulous and all four of us finished our entrees. Actually, both girls finished and the guys were close. It was a little pricey but we had great service and a magician came to entertain us mid way through the meal which made it even more interesting. Occasions to go here? Entertaining older, out of town relatives or when you want a romantic neighborhood feel on a date.

Ticoz: I'd wanted to go to this place for years after learning it features Costa Rican food. While the menu didn't really resemble what I'd eaten in CR, it was really good. I had enchiladas and my dad had tortilla soup and a salad. It was good food and I was impressed they offered sweet tea vodka. Occasions to go here? Happy hour.


Maizies: I've been to Maizies twice and really enjoy it. The atmosphere is fun and upbeat and the food is interesting and somehow always seem to be just what you're in the mood for. Two bonus points: 1) on Mondays you can get a burger and fries for $3 2) the buffalo chicken dip will change your life. The owners of this place also own Fez which I confidently state has the best hamburger I've ever had. Occasions to go here? Whenever you want a laid back dinner, bring your doggie along and feel 'out of Phoenix.'

Fez: Amazing food. The Fez burger is the best hamburger on the planet. And the sweet potato fries come with an icing sauce, unbelievable! Very trendy and a unique menu. Occasions to go here? Weekend lunch date or weekday happy hour.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Cars Pictures. Powered by Blogger